Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Baking Adventures

Hello Everyone! I love baking, and I have a two year old beautiful little girl who also loves baking. My interest in baking has really been sparked by a blog that I saw on the Martha Stewart show:http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ She makes the CUTEST things ever. Initially I fell in love with the cupcake pops. I was dying to try them and to make them for my daughters birthday party. I did make them, but sadly forgot to take pics before they were devoured at a BBQ we went to. But I decided that for the birthday party to just make cake balls along with the cupcakes my daughter was requesting. I was trying to figure out how to decorate the cupcakes to match the Abby Cadabby theme. Bakerella answered that quest just in time with a melted chocolate technique to make toppers for the cupcakes. I have been having so much fun trying all the new techniques, so I had to try the cupcake bites as well for a BBQ we went to over the weekend. Needless to say, they were a hit there. The best part about the cupcake bites and balls is that there are so many steps to them. Normally, this would be a bad thing, but Makaylee LOVES cooking and helping out in the kitchen, so I can really drag out her baking enjoyment with these yummy treats. Here are my pictures of some of the my attempts so far:

Cupcake bites

Cake balls or cake pops

Cupcakes

1 comment:

kari said...

My mom was telling me about those. They are so cute. I might try to do some for our Christmas party.