ETSY artist ART ON THE MENU with her awesome little cardboard cupcake, her link is: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5738002 and a pair of cupcake earrings from Lots of Sprinkles at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6057281. As an added bonus for October only we have a sassy and sweet T from Bakelove Bakewear, http://www.bakelove.com/cupcake_t-shirt.html. Last and certainly not least, don’t forget our corporate prize providers: HEAD CHEFS by FIESTA PRODUCTS, http://www.fiestaproducts.com, HELLO CUPCAKE by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, http://blog.hellocupcakebook.com, JESSIE STEELE APRONS http://www.jessiesteele.com; the CUPCAKE COURIER http://www.cupcakecourier.com; TASTE OF HOME books, http://www.tasteofhome.com. Iron Cupcake:Earth is sponsored in part by 1-800-Flowers, http://www.1800flowers.com .
This months challenge was to create a cupcake with cheese in it. My Hubby is in LOVE with apple pie with extra sharp Cheddar cheese on top. So, my cupcake with cheese was an obvious choice.
White Chedder Applie Pie Cupcake
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 1/3 Cup Flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 Cup milk
1 Granny smith apple peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1 TBS sugar
1/2 TBS Flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
2 TBS Butter
1/4 Cup White Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I used Tillamook cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line cupcake pan with 12 liners
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla
- Slowly add milk
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl: flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients into mixer. Mix well until combined. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full
- Combine apple with sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat butter on stove top over Medium high heat. Saute apples for approx 5 minutes until soft.
- Reduce heat to medium low
- Slowly add cheese until apples are covered and cheese is melted.
- Add 1 TBS of apple mixture to each cupcake. Don't worry, the weight of the apples makes the filling get sucked into the middle and the top still domes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool
Carmel Butter cream Frosting
1 Cup Shortening
4 Cups Powder Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tsp Vanilla (can use clear vanilla for a whitier color)
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
4 TBS Carmel Sauce
- Cream Shortening until fluffy
- Add Sugar and mix on high until well blended
- add salt, vanilla, heavy cream and Carmel
- blend on low until mixed
Top cupcakes with the frosting and drizzle with Carmel sauce.
Here is the apple filling before being cooked
Cooked Apple Pie filling
Cupcakes topped with filling
The finished product
The surprise filling
I had some friends who were happy to sample these and they were a huge hit. YUMMY! I will be making these again.