Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mini Peach Goodie

Mmmmmmmmmmm

Mini Peach Goodie

One of my husbands favorite deserts is peach goodie. Similar to a peach cobbler. It is a family recipe I got from his Mom that I make all the time. Being into cupcakes, I decided to give it a whirl in cupcake sizes. I got the idea from Bakerella's blog, and she in turn got it from another site. You can find her example here: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2007/11/mini-cherry-cutie-pies.html Now, I like cake, but I LOVE cobbler, and the cobbler topping. So I went with that. The only difference is that I added the crust which the original recipe does not have. It needed something to keep it together out of the pan! Here is the Recipe:

Peach Goodie

1 box of refrigerated ready made crust
4 cups sliced peaches (I used 3 - 15oz cans of peaches)
1 C Sugar
3 TBS Flour
1 tsp cinnamon

Topping
1 1/2 C Oats
1 1/2 C Flour
1 1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 C softened Butter

First step - Find a great helper who looks cute in an apron. Here is mine:


Chop up the peaches so they are in small tidbits. Make sure they are drained well:


Add the sugar, flour, and Cinnamon. Mix together and set aside. Cut the dough in circles using a cookie cutter. I used a crinkle cut 3" circle. Shape them into a cupcake pan. I made a total of 15 cups.

Add filling:

Mix oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter.

Form half balls, and place on top of your filled cupcakes. I found it worked best if you shape them and press them together, or else they fell off while cooking. I packed mine rather high because everyone loves the topping!


Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Let them cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes before removing to set up. Enjoy!


A great thing about these treats are that they are egg free. My husbands office has a lot of vegans which makes it hard to send in treats. These were a hit!

No comments: